Join us on World Oceans Day to find out how human health is linked to the ocean, and how the ocean depends on us.
This free webinar is exploring the field of Oceans and Human Health, with experts from across Europe providing background on why this exciting discipline is important for all of us.
We will also share our personal experiences of this emerging field and give you an opportunity to ask questions.
Our speakers include:
- Tonino Picula, Croatian MEP and President of the SEArica European Parliamentary Intergroup
- Lora E. Fleming, University of Exeter and SOPHIE Project coordinator
- Timothy Bouley, CEO of ocean biotechnology company BioFeyn
- Frank Sullivan, Medical Director for the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Galway Clinic
- Ana de Lara, Eco-tourism operator at Maremasma
- Easkey Britton, Marine social scientist at NUI Galway and surfer
- Sheila Heymans, Executive Director at European Marine Board
This event is being coordinated by the SOPHIE project, the SEARICA European Parliamentary Intergroup (searica.eu), the European Marine Board (marineboard.eu), and the BlueHealth project (bluehealth2020.eu).
- 3 April 2020
Over 240 participants tuned into the launch of our strategic research agenda for oceans and human health. You can catch up on all the content here.
- 7 April 2020
Paula Kellett, one of the main architects of our strategic research agenda, explains how this important document came together.
The SOPHIE Strategic Research Agenda is a comprehensive overview of the required research and capacity to develop Oceans and Human Health in Europe.