All goals should be measurable and achievable. The following outcomes will indicate attainment of the required OHH research capacity in Europe. These are:
- Recognition of OHH as a key component within the wider planetary health concept;
- Best practice guidelines for collaboration and engagement of stakeholders in OHH research;
- A set of OHH-specific indicators that Member States are required to monitor and report on, supported by cross-policy coordination, also exploring the links with SDG indicators;
- Development of a dedicated OHH community platform that can be used to initiate contacts and launch collaborations, as well as provide access to data sources and products;
- Organization of a dedicated interdisciplinary conference series and/or similar forum to present and discuss this research;
- Research calls and subsequent jointly-funded interdisciplinary and international projects which require participation from several relevant backgrounds including at least marine science, medicine and/or public health;
- An interdisciplinary OHH-specific module(s) offered to all graduates on marine and health-related university courses, either in-house or as a massive open online course (MOOC).